Bifrangi S.p.A.’s Social and Ethical Responsibility Policy
Bifrangi S.p.A. operates in the field of “Production of hubs, gears and other parts for the automotive industry, obtained by hot pressing, heat treatments and mechanical machining on steel”.
Bifrangi, which has always been committed to safeguarding and protecting the values and rights of human beings and with the awareness of the importance and relevance of social issues in the community in which it operates, has decided to adopt a Social Responsibility Management System, in full compliance with regional, national and international human rights laws, and is informed by the guidelines of SA 8000:2008 standards (Social Accountability 8000).
SA8000 is the international certification standard that defines the voluntary requirements that employers must comply with in the workplace, including workers’ rights, workplace conditions and management systems.
This standard is informed by principles dictated by international references on human and workers’ rights and, in particular, refers to the concepts of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the ILO (International Labor Organisation) Conventions and the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the Child and on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
This standard avails itself of this tool to measure the degree of accountability towards its employees and the Community in which the Company operates.
For this purpose, Bifrangi has decided to disseminate its policy to its workers and to all stakeholders (such as, customers, suppliers, institutions, consumers, associations, etc.), to make clear the Company’s desire to create products that meet its customers’ expectations and are made in compliance with the requirements of SA8000 standards and the wellness of the community at large.
The Company endeavours to ensure that the principles of social responsibility are shared by all suppliers involved in the supply chain of its products and, therefore, guarantee an ethical production system up to its end customers.
This form of partnership is considered essential for building and maintaining commercial relationships with suppliers and, therefore, for adhering to an ethical production cycle.
Specifically, Bifrangi undertakes to comply with the following principles:
- respect of the freedom and dignity of employees/business partners;
- prohibition of the use of child, forced and compulsory labor;
- respect of the right to safety and health in the place respect of the right to trade union freedom and collective bargaining;
- right to a living wage and working hours;
- right to an equal salary between men and women and absence of discrimination
- adoption of an adequate periodic monitoring system of the activities and results of the social responsibility management system.
- adoption of a corruption-prevention self-monitoring system
- compliance with the “Conflict Minerals” protocol
Mussolente, 16 February, 2016
Bifrangi S.p.A. President